December 2021 Newsletter
Financial New Year Resolutions & More!
The beginning of a new year is a very popular time to set goals, make plans and resolutions for improving oneself and quality of life. Your resolution list should especially include a few financial resolutions.
- Make Financial Goals: Identifying what your financial goals are is the first step. Consider breaking down the big goal into more attainable milestones. This strategy works and allows you to identify key markers along the way. It also prevents you from being discouraged by minor road bumps.
- Track Expenses and Budget: If you’ve never been able to stick to a budget, the new year is a great opportunity to start tracking your expense and developing a realistic budget. One way to start is by taking care of monthly obligations right after receiving your paycheck. This will allow you to get bills paid prior to indulging yourself in any luxuries.
- Boost Retirement Contributions: Get on track with retirement savings by boosting the contribution rates of your employer-sponsored plan for the new year. If you don’t have access to an employer-sponsored plan, consider opening an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) which has similar tax benefits to 401k’s.
- Know (and build) your Credit Score: Do you know your credit score? Your credit score is a huge financial factor that creditors look at to see how healthy your finances are. A good score ranges from 700-749 and excellent are 750 and higher. Building a health credit score can take time, so starting now will get you on track.
- Tackle Debt (seriously): Whether it’s credit card debt that has built up over time or student loans that are weighing you down—set a goal to pay back a certain amount this year. Set a goal to pay back 20% of your high-interest debt this year. This way spreading the big goal over the course of 12 months allows you to start small and helps create a new beneficial habit.
- Focus on Physical Health: There is a connection between physical, emotional, and financial health. This means that the importance of getting your financial life in order can rely on exercising regularly and engaging in healthy social practices.
We all have our fair share of vices and room for improvement, especially when it comes to money. While facing your financial resolutions is challenging, creating a solid plan and sticking to it could help reshape your year.
Questions and Consultations
If you have questions or if you’d like to schedule an appointment to discuss your finances, contact us today.
The opinions voiced in this material are for informational purposes only and are not intended to provide specific advice to any individual. Consult your legal, tax, and/or financial advisor to determine what is appropriate for your situation.
As a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), Partnership Wealth Management is committed to providing our clients with financial planning and wealth management services to help them work towards their financial goals. At Partnership Wealth Management, we have a long history of working with the LGBT community. Among the many services we offer are financial planning and estate planning strategies for gay and lesbian couples. Financial planning is an important part of preparing for the future; contact us today to get started.
The information contained in this e-mail message is being transmitted to and is intended for the use of only the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately delete.
Partnership Wealth Management (PWM), is a registered investment advisor located in Maryland. PWM and its representatives are in compliance with the current filing requirements imposed upon registered investment advisors by those jurisdictions in which PWM maintains clients. PWM only transacts business in those states in which it is registered or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements.